• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

non-permission to drive

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bosio88

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

My then boyfriend took my vehicle and had a accident; mind you, he didn't have my permission to drive it, he begged me not to file a police report, that he will be responsible and pay for all repairs ($890.00), now, he refuses to get vehicle from body shop he had to do repairs, stating he's not doing a danmed thing.

THE BODY SHOP has give me 3 aweeks to get the vehicle or thy will keep it, and I don't have the money to get my vehicle back. is my my ex-bofriend responsible for all charges, and what can I do legally to get my vehicle back.

Last edited:

ecmst12

By not pressing charges for him stealing your car, you essentially gave permission after the fact. You are free to sue him for the damage he did to your car; good luck collecting.

By not pressing charges for him stealing your car, you essentially gave permission after the fact. You are free to sue him for the damage he did to your car; good luck collecting.
ECMST12 is correct. You need to see the contract that he signed with the shop; maybe it will give you some hope. But you got the benefit of the repairs so you should pay the shop who did the work and go after your boy toy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">