• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medicaid claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

leoslayer

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina
My mother bought a house with my grandmother together about 3 or 4 years ago. Actually March 2005
My mother and grandmother lived in the house and my mother cared for my grandmother until 9/19/2007

My grandmother was in a medicaid nursing home. my mother who failed to go to the correct type of attorney has a deed that says: joint tenants right of survivorship.

Dose this keep the government from taking the house. My mother has nowhere else to go.

The state also says if she makes less than $21,660 a year they wont take it.
Is that gross income adjusted gross income or taxable income?

If my grandmothers part of the equity is less than $5,000 is this determined by comps within how much distance? Dose this account for Realtor fees and improvements to home?

This is very urgent as I was getting ready to rent a property to somebody else while I moved in with a room mate but I might need to keep my place now.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">