• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bought TV and different price tag found on unit for lower price

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rst_ack

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My wife and I purchased a 40" Sony LED-TV from Best Buy less than a week ago. The product was listed as a "open box" product and was being sold for $509.99. After purchasing the item, I found an additional price tag on the back of the unit (same M/N) for $289.09. Did they purchase this product refurbished? And, am I entitled to the price differential?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My wife and I purchased a 40" Sony LED-TV from Best Buy less than a week ago. The product was listed as a "open box" product and was being sold for $509.99. After purchasing the item, I found an additional price tag on the back of the unit (same M/N) for $289.09. Did they purchase this product refurbished? And, am I entitled to the price differential?
We have no way of knowing. And, no.

Mass_Shyster

Best Buy may refund the difference. Bring in your receipt and the price tag you found and ask. The worst thing that they can do is say no.

Since it was an open-box item, there's no telling who did what to it. Maybe someone bought one from Best Buy for $509, found it elsewhere for $289, so bought the new one and brought it back to Best Buy for a refund. (Pure speculation on my part)

rst_ack

[re:]

Speculation as it may be, I will follow your advice and try. I thank you for your response! I was going to try, but I wanted someone to back me so I didn't feel like a dummy if they told me no ;) Thanks again!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">