• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

partial payment of final paycheck and expenses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jonessherrie

i live in brandon mississippi, i worked for a manufacturers representative firm out of selmer tennessee. feb 31st one of the manufacturers gave them there notice (the contracts are 30 days) march 7th ( our last day was to be march 31st) they layed off 3 of us because of lack of funds after this company fired them. we ( the 3 of us) then decided to start our own company. i recieved a letter stating that i would be paid the final payment on or about april 2nd and to turn equipment samples etc. in to them. this was done march 28th. i did not recieve payment and was told when things were resolved i would be notified. on april 10th i received a check for what they say is two weeks pay. i was paid 4000.00 per month (1,000 is expenes they paid every month) they paid 1,306. less taxes. with this i recieved a letter say that they were not paying me the rest until they had answeres from the company that let them go and myself for business ethics. it seems they feel i had something to do with them being let go. it was not me it was the change in the managment of the company i worked for which made the manufacturer let them go. can they hold this money? and if not where do i start to get payment?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">