• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Towing Damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

paste_me

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Hi,

My car was recently towed from a private parking lot. When I went to pick it up, I noticed damage to the front bumper. It seems that the front sumper was pulled on by the towing truck (maybe).

I have contacted to towing company and towing yard, none of them want to accept liability and claim that they did not do it. In fact the towing truck company even went as far as to say this was probably done by me.

I recently took it to a shop and had it checked out, it will cost about 1,000$ to repair.

What would be the correct course of action?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Hi,

My car was recently towed from a private parking lot. When I went to pick it up, I noticed damage to the front bumper. It seems that the front sumper was pulled on by the towing truck (maybe).

I have contacted to towing company and towing yard, none of them want to accept liability and claim that they did not do it. In fact the towing truck company even went as far as to say this was probably done by me.

I recently took it to a shop and had it checked out, it will cost about 1,000$ to repair.

What would be the correct course of action?
Seems to me that you can either pay about 1,000$ to have it repaired...or not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">