• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need help....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fourstubbs

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado Springs

I left CO in May...when we left, we left a truck there, with a "friend" who wanted to buy our truck. He is a 19 y/o. He had the truck that was broken at the time. We told him to park it, don't drive it...he agreed. Well we moved to AK and in late June, my husband set up a simple promissory note, giving him the payment amount, terms, etc. We stated that he could not drive the truck before he put insurance on it. Well, come to find out, he has been driving the truck...he went and got it fixed, without our knowledge, we were upset, because we were going to have our mechanic look at it..etc) well, he had started to drive it, no payments made, no insurance...can we take the truck back? On the promissory note, it states that we can take it away after he has missed 3 payments, but it says nothing about what to do if he drove it, which he shouldn't have been. Any help out there? What do we do?

Thank you so much!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">