• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warrant in Debt Help needed!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tamiam2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

Help please! I received a Warrant in Debt from a financial company that I got a car loan from 5 years ago. The court date was 9/17/10 and I didn't go as we were shorthanded at work. I tried to changed the date, but couldn't.

When I looked at the paperwork the lawyers sent me attached to the Warrant in Debt, there was a copy of the consumer credit contract that you sign when you buy a car. But, my signature on this form (both the mailed and sheriff delivered copy) is forged. I DID have a car loan with this company, and the truck DID get repo'd however this is not a copy of the loan agreement. It is, in fact, a forged document!

It has been 5 years since I had this truck and I didn't keep the loan docs, but this isn't my signature on the one they sent!!

It's been over 10 days since the hearing date so I don't know if I can appeal or not. I have no idea what my recorse is at this point. Maybe go to the police and report the forgery, but I need this crap removed from my credit report. This company obviously doesn't have a copy of the lone docs I signed or else they would have sent me a copy.

Help please!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">