• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court date is 9 months after ticket was issued

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jdman10

California

Hi,
I got a ticket in Jan 2010 for going 55 in a 45. the officer had pulled me over because he thought I was talking on my phone, but i showed him my last call so he just wrote me a speeding ticket. It said on the ticket to goto court in Feb. I went to court numerous times and they said they didnt have in on file. I appeared on my court date and the judge didnt know what to tell me. 9 months later I get a "notice of correction and proof of service" which changes the court date from feb 2010 to Nov 2010.

Is there any way I can fight this? Thanks for your time.

racer72

What do you want to fight, the citation itself or the length of time it has taken for your case to come to trial?

jdman10

What do you want to fight, the citation itself or the length of time it has taken for your case to come to trial?
I think it would be easier it I fought for the length of time, because for the speeding it would be the officers word against mine, and the judge will favor the officer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">