• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

junked car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

godspell555

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? maryland i drove from north carolina in my car that was financed i only owed 4oo and i called the car dealership and they wanted more i said they could come get the car but they would have to tow it they said they did not want it so it sat for almost two years i could not do anything with it and my apartment complex needed it gone so i junked it is this illegal?

FlyingRon

And if you're not paying it, the balance is growing at least at the underlying finance rate, if not higher due to late and other fees.

While they have the right to repo the car, that's not the only recourse they can try. They're under no obligation to take the car back if they don't want it.

You're obliged to any citations you may get for things like having it unregistered, abandoned, etc..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">