• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Yellow page ad - is this legal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kja999

CT
I'm getting the run around with our company yellow page ads. I spoke to the salesperson months before renewal and indicated our company did not plan on renewing our ads this year since we found internet advertising to be so much more productive. To my disgust, the salesperson never contacted me at renewal time and supposedly all ADS AUTOMATICALLY WILL RENEW EACH YEAR if not cancelled. This was never disclosed to me. They made no attempt to contact me (yet they said they did). Is this practice legal? I have asked to see the contract fine print and have yet received it. There is only one reason in mind to have such a policy like this and that is to continue to generate revenues against the will of the customer. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

justalayman

To my disgust, the salesperson never contacted me at renewal time and supposedly all ADS AUTOMATICALLY WILL RENEW EACH YEAR if not cancelled. This was never disclosed to me.
then have them send you a copy of the contract you signed agreeing to this provision.

Is this practice legal?
generally, yes.

There is only one reason in mind to have such a policy like this and that is to continue to generate revenues against the will of the customer
that's about it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">