• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

vehicle debt after death

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pvm171

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Florids

I have a motorhome wherein the amount owed far exceeds the current value; will my spouse be responsible for the debt upon my departure?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
FloridaWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

curb1

Most likely she will be responsible for the debt, depending on other circumstances that may be involved. Why wouldn't she be responsible? Does she use it? Did you buy it after your marriage?

pvm171

My wife did not agree to the purchase nor does she use the motorhome - I certainly would not want to be resposible, upon by spouse's death, for a large purchase she would make in her name only.

Kiawah

After the Motorhome is sold, your other assets can be sold to pay of the remaining loan value.

justalayman

time out.

Florida is not a community property state.

No, she would not be responsible for the debt. Your estate would be responsible for the debt. What happens to the motor home after your death would depend on how much is owed on it, how much your estate is worth, and what the exec or administrator decides to do with it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">