• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dell rip off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

2Ponder

I purchased a dell computer on a one year interest free program. Because I was out of my state for three months and was having my mail forwarded I received one of my bills late and my payment arrived 3 days late.Every other payment was on time. I was charged a $35 late fee. So I decided to pay off the entire balance for the computer two months early. I paid the balance of $1200 less the late fee two months early. Dell than charged me another late fee plus also all the interest that they say was accumulating for the previous 10 months. My trying to reason with them was of no avail. The have been calling every day some times more than once a day threatening to damage my credit. They say the bill will continue to increase and they will collect. I have purchased 5 Dell computers over the years and explained that I will never purchase another computer from Dell if this is over just one $35 late fee. They don't care.
What are my options other than now paying over $350 and increasing every month
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

racer72

It was not Dell's fault you did not get you mail in time. Sounds like you are costing yourself a lot of money over a small late charge.

Kiawah

You should consider setting up your online banking, to automatically send out the payment next time. Then you won't have to worry about being late or missing a payment. You could also consider autodrafts against your checking account.

It's not a 'Dell Rip Off'. You took out a loan, and missed a payment.

Pay the bill, stop the additional charges that are accruing, and then write a letter. Perhaps with your prior 5 purchases, they 'may' cut you a break.

Last edited:

justalayman

unless there is something odd about their system, your payment would be due the same date each month. If you did not get the invoice in time, you needed to take action to find out how to pay without the invoice.

and if your payment was actually late, why would you not pay the late fee? That makes absolutely no sense. So, since you didn't pay the late fee to close out the account prior to the year, yes, they get to toss on the interest once that 1 year date hits.

this is the perfect example of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">