• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lie About Violation to New Insurer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joechuck

I'm in Atlanta, Ga, and am going to buy a new car. I got a ticket for impeding the flow of traffic (on a scooter), for which I did driving school. Therefore, the ticket is not in my driving record (I checked). Now that I'm getting a car, should I tell insurance companies that I got a ticket even though they cannot find that out if I don't? Or do I just lie?

philsfan01

I'm in Atlanta, Ga, and am going to buy a new car. I got a ticket for impeding the flow of traffic (on a scooter), for which I did driving school. Therefore, the ticket is not in my driving record (I checked). Now that I'm getting a car, should I tell insurance companies that I got a ticket even though they cannot find that out if I don't? Or do I just lie?
Since driving school erased the violation, I don't consider it a lie not to mention it. That's the point of going to traffic school in the first place - to erase the violation.

ecmst12

Rationalize all you want. They can find out about the ticket AND the traffic school, so there's no reason to lie.

davew128

What does Georgia law say about the effect of traffic school on tickets? If it is considered dismissed then you don't have to disclose it. If not, then you do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">