• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Beneficiary without a will ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aaroneva

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
I'd like to know; my DW has a separate CD account and she put her mother as a beneficiary. At this time we don't have a will yet. If she die does that CD account goes to our children and I or automatically goes to her mother. We have a car and house together under our names. I prefer to put in our children names but she said they're too young. Or if we divorce does that account will be split between us or that her money to keep for herself. Please have give me some advicer and thank you so much for your input.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
I'd like to know; my DW has a separate CD account and she put her mother as a beneficiary. At this time we don't have a will yet. If she die does that CD account goes to our children and I or automatically goes to her mother. We have a car and house together under our names. I prefer to put in our children names but she said they're too young. Or if we divorce does that account will be split between us or that her money to keep for herself. Please have give me some advicer and thank you so much for your input.
It goes to the beneficiary.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">