• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about co-payments on loan and insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cloudnyn3

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I have a truck, insurance, and loan, registered under myself and my partner.
We recently separated and the other person is refusing to pay any of it.
Do i have any rights as to remove him from the situation? Or possibly have myself removed from the policy and loan payment?
I don't have the money to pay for it right now and I either want the truck to be in my name only or have him refinance the truck without my name on the policy.
Do i have any rights or any way to make this happen? He's not cooperating and I don't have any money for a lawyer.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I have a truck, insurance, and loan, registered under myself and my partner.
We recently separated and the other person is refusing to pay any of it.
Do i have any rights as to remove him from the situation? Or possibly have myself removed from the policy and loan payment?
I don't have the money to pay for it right now and I either want the truck to be in my name only or have him refinance the truck without my name on the policy.
Do i have any rights or any way to make this happen? He's not cooperating and I don't have any money for a lawyer.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Call the lender and let them know what is going on. That way, you can forego all the back and forth and just have the lender pick up their vehicle.

ecmst12

You can ask him to refinance under his own name but if he can't or won't, then there's not a lot of ways for you to enforce it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">