• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

illegal arrest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bredambrs

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana. If I was asked to give a statement and was fingerprinted but was not read my rights can the case be thrown out?

justalayman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana. If I was asked to give a statement and was fingerprinted but was not read my rights can the case be thrown out?
Not based on not being read your rights. If anything, if it was required you were read your rights, the statements obtained could be suppressed. If there is other evidence adequate to prosecute you, then losing your statement means nothing.

depending on the situation, it may not have been required to advise you of your rights prior to the statement. If so, not reading you your rights means nothing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">