• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What if an auto shop is shut down with your vehicle inside?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adworksdh

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada
I am considering having my van converted to 4 wheel drive. This is a $16k modification done by a small specialty shops, in Oregon and California. The job takes 1-2 mo. What if they should get closed down while my van is in the shop in pieces? Let's say they suddenly file bankruptcy or maybe they default on a loan and the bank has their assests seized. What remedy would I have?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada
I am considering having my van converted to 4 wheel drive. This is a $16k modification done by a small specialty shops, in Oregon and California. The job takes 1-2 mo. What if they should get closed down while my van is in the shop in pieces? Let's say they suddenly file bankruptcy or maybe they default on a loan and the bank has their assests seized. What remedy would I have?
If you're worried about it, find another shop.
Better yet, find a vehicle that already is 4wd ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">