• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mgomez - locked thread

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

father dies no will, and his commonlaw wife is not nice!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas.
My father just passed away and he has a common law wife, he doesn't have a will. How do we go about finding out if he had any life insurance? My grandmother had passed away about 3yrs ago and left her house to my father and uncle, no one lives there, our uncle doesn't live there , the house is abandoned, does his commonlaw wife get this too? He owes me n my sister 38k in back child support, I just hate to see her n her stepkids get everything when we are his kids, I just wanted to know how to go about all of this and if we have a chance.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Your father does not owe you a dime. Child support is not payable to the children. How was your mother's estate handled?

mgomez

my mother is still alive, I'm not a heartless person, everytime me or my sister would try to do anything with him his wife would get mad, she would kick him out, he would spend about a wk with us then go back to her thwn it was like see ya n another yr! Her sons drive around in my grandmothers car, my grandmother n his wife didn't even like each other!

Antigone*

my mother is still alive, I'm not a heartless person, everytime me or my sister would try to do anything with him his wife would get mad, she would kick him out, he would spend about a wk with us then go back to her thwn it was like see ya n another yr! Her sons drive around in my grandmothers car, my grandmother n his wife didn't even like each other!
Your mother might have a claim against his estate, but you certainly don't.

mgomez

how does my mom have more of a chance than me or my sister? And if my father and her weren't legally married_ what does that mean?

Antigone*

how does my mom have more of a chance than me or my sister? And if my father and her weren't legally married_ what does that mean?
Child support is not paid to the children. It is payable to the custodial parent. Since this matter does not concern you, you should consider the matter closed.

If your mother is owed back child support then she can take steps to put in a claim against the estate.

Proserpina

You don't have ANY standing to sue for back child support.

Period. Even if. Your Mom would, if she had an order for support.

mgomez

My mom said there is a court order for the child support, how long is that process and do we just go to the court house? Usually you need the fathers ss#, what if we don't jave that?

Antigone*

My mom said there is a court order for the child support, how long is that process and do we just go to the court house? Usually you need the fathers ss#, what if we don't jave that?
We don't and can't do anything.

I'm done with this one. tigi out:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">