• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I got "t-boned" going through intersection and his insurance isnt covering my car!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

badseed

I got "t-boned" going through intersection and his insurance isnt covering my car!!!!

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois
I was going through a intersection in the midst of the light just turning yellow. All I know of after that is spinning around twice after being T-Boned in the driver door. The kid got out and said S%$# I ran a red light are you ok? I dont want a lawsut on my hands. I said, "no Im fine"... the cop gets to the accident and takes both of our stories. He comes back over to me and tells me I am getting the ticket. I asked him because it was yellow?!?! He tells me to hold on and heads off to talk to another cop. He comes back and tells me ok he is getting the ticket... here is all the information. He is driving his grandpas car on a suspended liscense! (Im thinking in my head, ok its a no brainer... his insurance will take care of it hopefully because I only have liability) I get a call the next day from his insurance company stating that his UNCLE called in and said that wasnt how it happened and they proceed to tell me my car is not going to be covered!!!!!!!!! Please tell me this is not right!!!!!! What do I do besides spending money on a attorney and taking this to court!!!!!!!?

cyjeff

This is why you have insurance.

Call them and let them handle it.

If your answer is "I don't have insurance", you need an attorney.

badseed

I only had liability and because I dont have collision they state they cant help me! Oh I forgot a little part... in the police statement it states, witness states that I ran a red light.... BUT, I didnt get a ticket for anything? It wasnt red It was yellow while I was already passed the line and there isnt even a name of this so called ... "witness"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">