• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how long do I have to accept insurance check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
I was in an accident about two months ago. The op's insurance company has taken full liability and wants to take my car and send me a check. So I am having trouble finding a decent car, and wondering how long do I have to accept their offer.
I am happy with the offer they made I just want to know what the statue of limitations is on such a matter.

davidmcbeth3

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
I was in an accident about two months ago. The op's insurance company has taken full liability and wants to take my car and send me a check. So I am having trouble finding a decent car, and wondering how long do I have to accept their offer.
I am happy with the offer they made I just want to know what the statue of limitations is on such a matter.
If they did not say, the check should be good for ~6 mo.

justalayman

If they did not say, the check should be good for ~6 mo.
they apparently haven't accepted the offer yet so no check would be written yet.

am having trouble finding a decent car, and wondering how long do I have to accept their offer.
Until they rescind their offer.

what you seem to misunderstand is their offer is not dependent on you finding a car. They are attempting to make you whole which is all they are required to do. I see no reason they would rescind their offer but they would have the right to if they tire of waiting.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">