• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ATV lemon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eyeneedhelp

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

I bought a brand new 2010 ATV back in the fall of last year. It now has 558 miles on it. It would have more, but it has been in the shop off and on throughout the year. I am on my 3rd radiator, my 2nd map sensor, my 2nd speed sensor...and now something else is wrong, although I'm not sure what yet. I have had vacation plans be ruined, weekend plans never happen, etc. Both the dealership and the manufacturer seem willing to work with me and I was offered a compensation that I had accepted (a store credit) before this last issue, which happened shortly after I had accepted the compensation credit. I have tried to be patient, understanding and willing to work with everyone, but I am at the point where I feel like I have a lemon and want either a full refund or a new equal replacement. To top things off, there was some body damage done because the dealership came to pick it up and while they were putting it on their truck, it kicked the ramp out and fell. This machine cost me over 12,000 grand with tax, so it is no kids toy. The state of MA does not include ATV's in their lemon laws. Am I entitled under federal laws? I don't think the brand of the ATV is bad...just my particular one that I bought.

I should add, that besides these problems listed, there were more issues in between related to these other issues.
I should also add that this machine is paid for. I do not have any outstanding debt on it.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">