• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A year old speeding ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DEuser

Around Thanksgiving of last year I got a ticket for speeding. I failed to appear in court and then a few months later I recieved a letter stating that I had a warrant out for the ticket. I hate driving knowing that I could be arrested. I have three questions.
1. Will I be arrested if I go to the court house to finally take care of the ticket?
2. Doest the initial price of the speeding ticket gain interest over time?
3. How much will the court appearance cost?

The first question is the one I am more worried about

Jabarne

Around Thanksgiving of last year I got a ticket for speeding. I failed to appear in court and then a few months later I recieved a letter stating that I had a warrant out for the ticket. I hate driving knowing that I could be arrested. I have three questions.
1. Will I be arrested if I go to the court house to finally take care of the ticket?

I would imagine the first question depends on the county laws. The speeding ticket does not gain interest. The total cost will be much more than the initial price of the ticket, because now you will have to pay the ticket, court costs, and license reinstatement since it was (most likely) suspended. There should be a phone number on the ticket for the probate, and you should be able to call and get a price for everything you owe. They will also be able to answer the first question.

I_Got_Banned

Laws, fines, court rules and procedures... etc, vary by state. And since you deleted the "What is the name of your State?" question, nobody can give you a definitive answer.

I_Got_Banned

The speeding ticket does not gain interest. The total cost will be much more than the initial price of the ticket, because now you will have to pay the ticket, court costs, and license reinstatement since it was (most likely) suspended.
And lets not forget about any additional fines for failing to appear and/or pay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">