• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Break sears home improvement contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Xuaner

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
I accidentally signed the contract for installing vinyl siding by sears. But later I found vinyl is not a good idea. So I tried to cancel the contract on the 5th day by mail. Anyway I sent the cancel form already.
But the sales person told me they will hold the deposit of about $3400. They did not even start the installation yet, not even a single piece stuff is in my house. I agree I should terminate it earlier within the 3 cooling off days. I really don't want vinyl on my house now. Is there any chance to reduce the deposit they hold? Or if go court, is there any slight chance I win? Also I read the contract carefully now. It says I can break contract within 3 business days. But did not mention what is the consequence of cancel contract beyond the 3 cooling off days.
On the contract the installation start and finish date are left blank. On the credit card receipt I did not sign the card member agreement, even I applied the credit and sears approved it.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">