• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fater died, uncle removing property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

starstruck

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama

My father died yesterday. He has a will at his bank that has not been retrieved as of yet, because his death was sudden. His brother has already went to his house, has ordered his granddaughter and ex-wife to leave the property. He has taken several of his personal items including a boat. He also is in charge of making funeral arrangements (he gave himself that authority). He said he is only going pay the minimum to have him buried and not arrange any type of service. My father is still legally married to my mother. My mother lives in another state. She does not want this to happen but feels she has no control. She already sent a copy of her marriage license to other family members so they can show my uncle. (He claims my parents were never legally married or got a divorce) My parents never divorced. What are my mothers options? Thank you.

justalayman

has anybody called the police to have the guy removed from the property and report the stolen property? If not, I would start there.

Then, apparently somebody needs to look into filing to probate the will.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">