• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Timeshare/cosigner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hrcal951

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Back in 2007 I was the primary owner of a timeshare and my girlfriend was the co-signer. During the time were we together we had agreed to split the montlhly cost of the time share. About a year later in 2008 we split up. She mentioned that she wanted nothing to do with me and that she wanted me off the deed and that she would assume payments. At the beginning of 2009 I got a call from her stating she was trying to upgrade her membership and that she wanted bet to sign a quit deed. And if I did that she would take over the property and the remaining part of the balance. I did as she requested. I didnt here anything back. I received a request to go to small claims court because she wants half of the balance that she has been paying. I called the timeshare the account is current and I am still listed on there and on the deed. Apparently she never went through with the upgrade and putting the timeshare under her name only. Thoughts?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Back in 2007 I was the primary owner of a timeshare and my girlfriend was the co-signer. During the time were we together we had agreed to split the montlhly cost of the time share. About a year later in 2008 we split up. She mentioned that she wanted nothing to do with me and that she wanted me off the deed and that she would assume payments. At the beginning of 2009 I got a call from her stating she was trying to upgrade her membership and that she wanted bet to sign a quit deed. And if I did that she would take over the property and the remaining part of the balance. I did as she requested. I didnt here anything back. I received a request to go to small claims court because she wants half of the balance that she has been paying. I called the timeshare the account is current and I am still listed on there and on the deed. Apparently she never went through with the upgrade and putting the timeshare under her name only. Thoughts?
So present your case to the referee. It is a toss up as to what will happen.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">