• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help, want to know my situation.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tiones

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

Hi, I live in Aurora, Colorado, in the county of Arapahoe.

Back in April 2008 I got caught with under a gram of cocaine and grabbed F6 for possession of SCH II substance. I received 2 years of probation for the conditions of the deferred sentence I recieved as well as 48 hours of community service. I was place in a 3rd party minimal security probation.

In November of 2008 I got caught with a DUI, lost my deferred judgement, got a revoke and reinstatement of probation for another 2 years.
and 100 hours of community service. The DUI charge ended in 12 education classes, Track A, 48 hours of community service, and a year of probation which was ran concurrent with my probation given with the felony, as well as a 365 day suspended jail sentence.

Well needless to say, my friend got pulled over for taillights being out, and was pulled out of the car for suspicion of DUI(which he ended passing everything). I was a passenger, not but 3 or 4 beers in me and got arrested on the spot for violation of protection order of alcohol, served 13 days. Got out.

So now, 2nd time violating my felony probation. Probation officer recommended 90 days jail and reinstatement of probation with ISP(intense supervised probation). Problem is, my ISP screening got denied.

Now I have a public defender. WHich i can never get ahold of. And I'd like to know what people think my punishment might be.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

Hi, I live in Aurora, Colorado, in the county of Arapahoe.

Back in April 2008 I got caught with under a gram of cocaine and grabbed F6 for possession of SCH II substance. I received 2 years of probation for the conditions of the deferred sentence I recieved as well as 48 hours of community service. I was place in a 3rd party minimal security probation.

In November of 2008 I got caught with a DUI, lost my deferred judgement, got a revoke and reinstatement of probation for another 2 years.
and 100 hours of community service. The DUI charge ended in 12 education classes, Track A, 48 hours of community service, and a year of probation which was ran concurrent with my probation given with the felony, as well as a 365 day suspended jail sentence.

Well needless to say, my friend got pulled over for taillights being out, and was pulled out of the car for suspicion of DUI(which he ended passing everything). I was a passenger, not but 3 or 4 beers in me and got arrested on the spot for violation of protection order of alcohol, served 13 days. Got out.

So now, 2nd time violating my felony probation. Probation officer recommended 90 days jail and reinstatement of probation with ISP(intense supervised probation). Problem is, my ISP screening got denied.

Now I have a public defender. WHich i can never get ahold of. And I'd like to know what people think my punishment might be.
I think you should serve out the full time in jail...you don't seem to get it.

tiones

Thanks, but trust me I im regretting all of it. Im 22 years old, was raised well, did well in school and I just never saw this happening in my life. However, this is not what I asked, I am just wondering the legal aspects of all this.

Antigone*

Thanks, but trust me I im regretting all of it. Im 22 years old, was raised well, did well in school and I just never saw this happening in my life. However, this is not what I asked, I am just wondering the legal aspects of all this.
You asked this:

And I'd like to know what people think my punishment might be
I agree with the answer that was already given to you.

tiones

I understand. I have made repeated mistakes, and this time I could really bite the dust, and I'm prepared for that. I was given chances and I screwed up.

But what I'm trying to accomplish by posting here is a somewhat professional opinion of the most likely thing to happen to me. Tired of waiting in the dark.

Banned_Princess

I understand. I have made repeated mistakes, and this time I could really bite the dust, and I'm prepared for that. I was given chances and I screwed up.

But what I'm trying to accomplish by posting here is a somewhat professional opinion of the most likely thing to happen to me. Tired of waiting in the dark.
I think you should just do whatever time they come up with so you can get off probation. because its just not working for you.

tiones

I think you should just do whatever time they come up with so you can get off probation. because its just not working for you.
I completely agree, however, if I go to prison(which im told sadly is easier then county) and get released early, ill just get put on parole :(.

Banned_Princess

I completely agree, however, if I go to prison(which im told sadly is easier then county) and get released early, ill just get put on parole :(.
Its not that serious, if your doing between 90 days, to a year, its county time. no parole necessary. ( I doubt you will get more time then a year )

Last edited:

tiones

Okay, now im getting somewhere lol. So you pretty much think they arent gonna go crazy on me and just completely hammer me?

Banned_Princess

What I would do, if I were you, which I am not... is go to court on my court date, find out how much time the DA is gunning for, then decide with the public defender at that point.

legal aid is notoriously busy, and probably wont have any time to talk to you, or go over your case until the case is being heard that day. So don't be too concerned that legal aid is non responsive, they don't have to do anything until the file is in their hand, and they are negotiating with the DA on your court date.

Banned_Princess

Okay, now im getting somewhere lol. So you pretty much think they arent gonna go crazy on me and just completely hammer me?
I think that it is silly to drive yourself nuts over this until the actual offer is, well offered.

because, we don't know... we are just law enthusiasts on the interwebs.

My free advice, is as I described in my previous post... wait till court, find out what the deal is, take it from there. find out where they want you to do the time, how long, what about when you are done with the time, do they (your court appointed attorney) have any other suggestions.

Banned_Princess

Last thing,

Please be mindful, that your going to be convicted of whatever it is they decide to convict you of, and that is going to be public record forever... (please consider jobs in the future, and other situations where it might come up) SO try to be convicted of the most vaguest charge they are willing to reduce it to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">