• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Altered Prescriptions -- Will I be caught?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

down4count

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

Before I'm called stupid by anyone (I am already calling myself stupid and I am now a RECOVERYING ADDICT), I would just like some advise on what the chances are of actually getting caught filling a few altered prescriptions (SCH II - Ritalin).

Prescriptions are in my name. I changed the dates to make them earlier. The pharmacists have filled the scripts but now I wonder if red flags have been posted and what the procedure is if/when a pharmacists suspects fraud but still fills the script. Would I have been arrested on the spot? Will the doctor first be notified? Is it up to the doctor as to whether to press charges?

Would the pharmacist take matters into their own hands and report to authorities even though they have filled them? If the authorities were indeed called, would I have heard from them already? When does DEA get involved?

Should I just go to my doctor anyways and explain what I have done and ask for help or just say nothing and hope it just passes?

If indeed this is already under investigation, would the authorities call and ask me to come in or would they come to my home and arrest me on the spot? I am terrified as I have a little girl who I would not want to see the police handcuff me. How long do I have to walk around looking in every direction for the authorities to come get me?

As I said, I am getting the help I need and I know it was stupid and crazy, as addict behavior already is insane.

Background: No prior record, white collar job and now getting treatment.

Thank you for any advise.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Isis1

NOBODY on this forum can tell you if or when you can get caught. Or even who will catch you.

What you CAN do is turn yourself in, confess to the pharmacy and doctor, and continue recovery for real.

Or you can sit around being guilty waiting around for the shoe to drop. Personally, i think this suggestion will drive yourself crazy and may or may not contribute to not succeeding in recovery.

down4count

I'm sorry I am not finding the humor here. I am scared to death and trying to change my life and get better.

Can someone please just tell me then what are the possible charges I could face as a 1st time offender?

Thank you.

ERAUPIKE

I'm sorry I am not finding the humor here. I am scared to death and trying to change my life and get better.

Can someone please just tell me then what are the possible charges I could face as a 1st time offender?

Thank you.
There is a chance that nothing will come of your prescription fraud and there is a chance you could be arrested for it. There is a few certainties for your situation, if you turn yourself in you will be caught. If you continue to engage in this behavior you will be caught.

lealea1005

Would I have been arrested on the spot?
Maybe...or maybe not.

Will the doctor first be notified?
Maybe...or maybe not.

Is it up to the doctor as to whether to press charges?
No.

Would the pharmacist take matters into their own hands and report to authorities even though they have filled them?
Possibly.

If the authorities were indeed called, would I have heard from them already?
Not necessarily.

When does DEA get involved?
It depends.

Should I just go to my doctor anyways and explain what I have done and ask for help or just say nothing and hope it just passes?
You could always be honest and come clean with what will become your former Physician.

If indeed this is already under investigation, would the authorities call and ask me to come in or would they come to my home and arrest me on the spot?
You will be arrested.

I am terrified as I have a little girl who I would not want to see the police handcuff me.
Should have thought about that before altering the Rx.

How long do I have to walk around looking in every direction for the authorities to come get me?
Again, the FA crystal ball comes into play.

Background: No prior record, white collar job and now getting treatment.
May or may not help in court.

Thank you for any advise.
You're welcome.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">