• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dealership Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smcollins_98

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in NC.

Okay this is going to be long and I am sorry. I just want to be sure you understand everything so that I can see if I may have a case. My family was at a dealership on a Saturday afternoon, wishing to purchase a minivan. They had one on the lot and we were not interested, so of course they located us a van that would work for us. It was supposedly at a sister store, however they could not bring it over until I signed paperwork saying that I was going to buy the vehicle. They assured me that if anything was wrong with it, they would tear up the paperwork. They claimed I could not even look at it because they had no room on their lot to keep it if I chose to not get it. So reluctantly I did sign the papers. However, before I did that I requested a carfax as well as pictures. We eventually bought the vehicle about a week later (another long story there) and have been pretty happy with it. Today, my hubby was washing it and noticed lots of dings and paint chips.... and the a 3 inch piece came off on the wheel well. My van is white and it immediately turned black when he washed it. So that got us digging a bit. We brought out the carfax...... and it is NOT the same VIN number!! The paperwork I signed is for the VIN number of the vehicle that I have, however the 30 day tags are to the VIN on the Carfax and so is my insurance! So basically, I have no insurance on the vehicle I am driving and if I am pulled, the VIN's will not match on the vehicle and tags! Please tell me if I have a case. I am so upset. After inspecting the vehicle further, we believe it may have been in an accident! Thank you for any help or advice you can offer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">