• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Secind Divorce Filing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adamf

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana

Why do I need to include my first marriage date in my second divorce filings?

CJane

To make sure your first marriage actually dissolved...
Random story... I was with a friend, scoping out wedding locations many years ago, and the guy that ran one of the locations was telling us about a wedding he was performing the following weekend... the woman was getting married in Arkansas because she'd "run out" of marriage licenses in Oklahoma. Apparently, they only issue so many. This was to be her 18th marriage. Can you imagine having to list all of THOSE dates?

CourtClerk

Random story... I was with a friend, scoping out wedding locations many years ago, and the guy that ran one of the locations was telling us about a wedding he was performing the following weekend... the woman was getting married in Arkansas because she'd "run out" of marriage licenses in Oklahoma. Apparently, they only issue so many. This was to be her 18th marriage. Can you imagine having to list all of THOSE dates?
Who in the world MARRIES someone who has had 18 previous marriages??? And who gets to tell this woman "I'm sorry, you've exceeded the amount of marriage licenses the state can issue you.":eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">