• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding in New Mexico - Possible License Suspension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aR_Oh_Be

New Mexico

I was caught speeding 72mph in a 40mph zone. I have had a two speeding tickets in the passed which I have gone to drivers improvement to keep off my record. I decided to go to court, but when I talked with the city attorney before seeing the judge, she told me that I all I could do was plead not guilty or that I would get 8 points on my record and would lose my license for a year. Apparently, it has only been 17 months since my last infraction, and she said there was nothing I could do. My intent was to plead guilty and request drivers improvement, as I had done in the past, but i guess im beyond that forgiveness now. She informed me that what i could do is request some sort of drivers improvement from the officer at the court date so that I don't lose my license? I decided to plead not guilty in fear of losing my license but I know I was speeding and dont want to argue that point, I just cant lose my license because i go to school full time and work part time also.

Thanks for any advice

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">