• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Photoshoot,misleading adertisement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dnc1111

Hi, I recently went to a photographer and had a photo shoot. The photographer did not ask me to sign any contract, and no contracts were made what so ever. He did not even ask if i was 18, ( which i am ). On his photographer business profile he sais that the $150 shoot will include 4 retouched images, and a CD (with non-commercial reproduction rights) or Prints available for additional fee. He has only sent me four of the retouched pictures, and is now refusing to send me the CD. I am very upset, because not only was I unhappy with the pictures I feel as if i have wasted $150, and was ripped off since he has not given me the CD, and has been quite mean to me. What is there that I can do? He has posted the four pictures on his facebook fan page for his photography, is he even eligable to do that?

abmiester

No, if you didnt sign anything..he's violating the privacy law, there should be document stating that you agreed for him to take your photos. file a report on BBB of whatever state your from and report to police that he's posting pictures of you without your consent..better yet, call him and threaten him that you will report him to police for posting pictures of you without asking for your permission first.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
No, if you didnt sign anything..he's violating the privacy law, there should be document stating that you agreed for him to take your photos. file a report on BBB of whatever state your from and report to police that he's posting pictures of you without your consent..better yet, call him and threaten him that you will report him to police for posting pictures of you without asking for your permission first.
Are you daft? Do you just make this up? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">