• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California with a gun

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fellupahill

I was in California for a concert in July. I'm from Arizona. The gun laws in arizona are very loose. You do not have to register hand guns. You can buy from a private seller and not put it under your name. I guess in California its different. I was pulled over in LA for not having a front licence plate, even tho its an Arizona car, and had valid registration. Told the officer there was a gun in the door. Magazine was not in the pistol. I was arrested and charged with misdemeanor possession of an unregistered firearm. Spent 3 days in jail. was not given access to any working pay phones. All were broken. When I saw the judge I was released on my own record. They released me at 730pm outside the Compton courthouse. With no ID, No money no phone, all my possessions i asked to get out of our hotel room(which we were pulled over in the parking lot of) but was denied by the deputies. I ended up hanging out with a hobo with like 9 hours for my friend to come get me.

I couldn't get a bus ticket or western unioned money.
I had no priors....
Was anything they did against any laws?

and my main question tho is this. I missed my court date out in California. Bench warrant was issued. I plan to go appear as soon as I have the time and money. The fines are a lot. I got into a fight with a guy at a grocery store in an arizona parking lot and got charged with simple assault. Misdemeanor. I am required to serve 3 days in county jail. When I report to jail, will they see the cali warrant and will I be extradited?

racer72

Guess you know now that Arizona laws do not apply in California. Nothing in your post suggest any laws were broken except for what you did.

xylene

Advice: get a lawyer and resolve your legal problems.

A miserable jail experience does not equal a defense.

Is the gun excludable because the stop was questionable? I doubt it. You admitted you had it - you did not know the law - which is not a defense.

California may or may not extradite. The warrant will certainly be noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">