• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question pertaining to DUI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Marguerite16

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My boyfriend who lives in FL got into an accident 5 yrs ago where he was hit into moving traffic and the driver sped off, he almost lost his life in this however, he was given a DUI because he had a few drinks but was not intoxicated to the point where he could not drive. As far as I know his case was handled incorrectly by the police however humans don't seem to have much say when it comes to the law these days. Now my other half is not wealthy and he doesn't have money like that to hire a big lawyer, he was violated wrongly on his probation early this year and got locked up for 40 days, however, upon his release he fought that case with the manager of the said probation officer and it was sorted out, he's now trying very hard to find work and of couse it is proving very difficult...is there any advice or programme that he can get into in order to just find a job to make ends meet?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

ecmst12

Don't make excuses. If his BAC was above the legal limit, then he had drunk too much to drive safely. That type of thinking is what led to him thinking it was ok to violate his probation and ending up in more trouble. He needs to start admitting that he screwed up (twice) and actually trying to fix things. And YOU need to start taking what he says with a grain or 2 of salt.

As far as work, LOTS of people are having a hard time finding work, even those who haven't been convicted of crimes of poor judgement. He's just going to have to keep trying.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">