• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Defective waiver of citation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jossclarke

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TEXAS

judge didnt approve my divorce decreee as the waiver of citation is defective. My husband lives in bostosn, MA , therefore he crossed the "state of texas" and wrote massachussets, signed and notarized. Is that reason enough? because that's the only thing i see for it to be defective

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TEXAS

judge didnt approve my divorce decreee as the waiver of citation is defective. My husband lives in bostosn, MA , therefore he crossed the "state of texas" and wrote massachussets, signed and notarized. Is that reason enough? because that's the only thing i see for it to be defective
Obviously, the judge thought it was reason enough. I'm certainly not going to second guess a judge.

LdiJ

Obviously, the judge thought it was reason enough. I'm certainly not going to second guess a judge.
I wouldn't second guess the judge either...but it may have been something else that the judge wasn't happy with.

If she is talking about the notary area where it says "state of Texas" that was crossed off and MA substituted, the notary in MA had to do that. That identifies which state the notary is licensed in.

I would think that surely it cannot be uncommon for a notary in another state to notarize a TX waiver of citation, so I am thinking that something else may be wrong.

The OP might want to see if the court clerk can tell her what is defective about it, and if not, she probably needs a quick consult with a local attorney.

jossclarke

defective waiver of citation

it seems thats pretty much it othewise i dont see what is wrong. I'll have him do it again (is like the 4th time he sends it wrong)

Thank you!!

LdiJ

it seems thats pretty much it othewise i dont see what is wrong. I'll have him do it again (is like the 4th time he sends it wrong)

Thank you!!
I really think that you need to find out exactly what the judge is objecting to, otherwise you could be spinning your wheels.

Either that, or go through the process of having him properly served.

Proserpina

I really think that you need to find out exactly what the judge is objecting to, otherwise you could be spinning your wheels.

Either that, or go through the process of having him properly served.

Yeap, I think that might be easier in the long run!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">