• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Misdemeanor court date set on Holiday

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

qtipextra

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Idaho 49-1424 - Misdemeanor Driving-Racing on Public Highways.

My question is not concerning the statute itself, but rather legal recourse with the set court date.

I got a misdemeanor traffic ticket, and my court date as stated on the ticket was set for today, 10-11-10, which is a holiday (Columbus Day).

I took the time off work and went to the court house, to find the doors locked. I proceeded to walk around the building, at which point I found and talked with a local officer who proceeded to tell me that court is not in session due to the holiday.

My question is what exactly does this mean to my case? What actions should I take and what does the court usually do in a situation like this?

FlyingRon

You need to call the court tomorrow and find out when your case will be heard.
You're not getting off due to a clerical error.

Trickster

This doesn't effect your case at all. Clearly it was an oversight or at the least a harmless error. Be sure and contact the clerk and get your new court date.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">