• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Brother died without a will in Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eahernon

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? My brother died in Dallas Texas without leaving a will that we can find. He was not married and has no children, both parents preceeded him in death. His estate is small less than $20,000 in value. What do I need to do? I have no money and there is not much in his accounts which I can not access. Can I file this myself and what do I need to file?

anteater

You can probably use a small estate affidavit. You can read the requirements for use of an affidavit here:

http://law.onecle.com/texas/probate/137.00.html

You can do a search with terms like: texas small estate affidavit. That should give you some additional info on using the affidavit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">