• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

intellectual property lawsuit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chj

I am currently involved in a intellectual property law suit and I wanted to know if my lawyer can gain future royalties off of my idea that is under dispute and off of any other ideas that I come up with? Part of the possible settlement agreement is that the company would market some other ideas that I have and I need to know if my lawyer would be entitled to any royalties from these ideas and any royalties for that I collect from the idea in dispute in the future? From my understanding a lawyer can't enter into a business agreement with one of his or her clients and would this be considered a business agreement if my lawyer tried this?

chj

Is your attorney included in the contract as a beneficiary of any or all profits?
He does not have any interest other than being the attorney on the case. Do you mean in the attorney-client representation agreement? the only thing that I find questionable is a part where if it goes to court he would receive 10% more plus any interest on any judgement obtained.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">