• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a Pest Control Contract be canceled?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ifsofacto

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana

I signed up for termite treatment which has no contract and with the same company, a 1 year contract for pest control that says it cannot be canceled. The pest control has an initial special fee of $20 and $65 for each quarter after for a year. One week later, on the day of the treatment, the pest control was done. Later that same day, the termite tech came by and questions the quote and the lack of documentation that the sales rep has given me. He states that I was getting over charged for additional work that was not needed. He encouraged me to call the sales rep to ask for a lower price which the company refused. He then states that he and his supervisor perform this termite service on the side with the same treatment. It was then that I lost all trust in this termite and pest company and did not want their service. I called office manager and was told that I had to pay $150 one time service fee to get out of the contract. I live in Louisiana and was wondering if the “cool down period” (where I have 3 days to get out of a contract that was signed in my home) applies here and if I can just pay the $20 for the initial service and just have this company leave me alone. The contract that I signed was incomplete and did not have a date on it. The date I am going by is the date that tech came by to perform the initial service which I have called twice within 3 days and was refused both times. Do I even have a case here or just have to chalk this one up as a loss?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">