• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do they transport prisoners?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

It's a well-known fact the feds have over a 95% conviction rate. What I'm curious to know is how do they transport these "big time" prisoners from New York to Florence ADX? You do know about Florence...that's where they bring all the bigshot terrorists, take them downstairs, slam the celldoor shut, say "Adios, Amigo!" and noone ever sees or hears from them again until their heart stops beating.

Also how do they transport lesser convicts between states to other prisons in the BOP?

A two-prong question: You know when the Times Square bomber got taken off that plane bound for the Mid-East somewhere. I was under the impression that according to Maritime law once you set foot on a plane from a country you are considered on the soil of that country, irregardless of what runway the plane is on. Wouldn't the USA need permission from that plane's country of registry or the Captain to remove someone out of a seat? I know the plane was from a foreign country.

Kiawah

I've been on a number of planes over the years, where plain clothes officers are transporting handcuffed/waist shackled prisoners on the plane. They get on early before everyone else, and leave after everyone else if off the plane.

What kind of prisoner it was, have no idea.

CdwJava

So ... just what are you asking?

The feds transport prisoners by whatever means is available and appropriate. Sometimes they fly, sometimes they are transported via ground vehicle (van, car, truck, SUV), and I imagine that sometimes they are transported by rail.

If you are asking some other kind of question, perhaps you can clarify.

So ... just what are you asking?

The feds transport prisoners by whatever means is available and appropriate. Sometimes they fly, sometimes they are transported via ground vehicle (van, car, truck, SUV), and I imagine that sometimes they are transported by rail.

If you are asking some other kind of question, perhaps you can clarify.
I just read they transported Moussaui from New York to Florence by private jet. I guess they use whatever means necessary?

How did they get Son of Sam from New York City to Sullivan County Correctional Facility? A New York State matter, I admit, but did they get him there by bus, air or some other means?

I've been on a number of planes over the years, where plain clothes officers are transporting handcuffed/waist shackled prisoners on the plane. They get on early before everyone else, and leave after everyone else if off the plane.

I've never seen one of them on a plane. Just heard accounts, like this.

Isis1

So they don't handcuff them to the back of the vehicle and drive with them dragging behind, then?

Bummer.

racer72

The flight I was on and saw this (2 prisoners, 2 officers), they were the last ones on and the first off. They came in and left through the back door instead of the normal front door too.

davew128

Last time I saw a prisoner being transported he kept screaming about how he didn't kill his wife and something about a one armed man. :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">