• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

abused husband

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gulnaz26

My brother is abused by his wife, being a doctor he's ashamed of telling anybody about it, but she falsly accused him of domestic abuse and called the police on him, he passed one night in jail,she wants money out of him in case of divorce, they also have a little girl together. She has another girl from another doctor and gets a nice child support out of him too. What does my brother need to do she says she'll take all of his money and his daughter. Is there any justice for my brother?

M

mary ray

Your brother needs to start docuementing EVERYTHING. Keep detailed notes. If it is legal in his state I would buy a micro-cassett recorder and record her threats. If ther is someone who he could confide in and possibly be a witness against her it would help. It sounds as if she is quite accomplished in this area. Husbands can be abused too, but the deck may be stacked against him in light of the fact that she has done this before. I definately would see a good divorce attorney. It doesn't sound like the marriage will last. And he needs to position himself so that she cannot use these trumped abuse charges against him to deny him visitation of his daughter. Good Luck

I

Ijoe7

Bias against men

The woman's act law is totally bias against men. Your brother need's to get help from is local men's group in his area. The courts wear brown lip stick when it comes to women.

B

BugHogan

Yes, he should definitely start documenting EVERYTHING and secretely positioning himself for a divorce to protect his child. Hate to say it, but sometimes you have to play rough and he might as well prepare himself to get the advantage. This may not be fact, but from what I've seen personally, the person who first files for divorce usually comes out better. He should start thinking about making the first move. He should NOT move out and leave his daughter, that's a tactic she might use. If she is abusive to him, think of what she may be like with the child when he's not around to be her whipping boy. I feel for him, it must really be difficult being a male in an abusive situation with the stigma attached and the lack of ability to "fight back" for fear of being branded a wifebeater. He really needs to get out of this situation. No one deserves to be hit in a relationship, male or female.

Trust me, I know of what I speak of! I survived a physically and emotionally abusive relationship when I was younger and I just thank my lucky stars to have the great guy I have now and to be alive.

Tell him to visit http://www.deltabravo.net. It's a great site with a lot of useful information for men in divorce and custody situations.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">