• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to yield in Kentucky

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cmterry

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio
I was pulled over in Kentucky for failure to yield. He was going after another speeder(His words) and I didn't see him behind me. One he didn't have an audible signal activated, and with the lights mounted inside his windshield, he was so close to the back of me I only seen a grey roofline at first. ( I drive a 1 ton 4x4 ). Traffic in the right hand lane was congested so he couldn't use it to pass around me. Once he backed up a bit, I saw his lights and sped up to get over to the right. I couldn't find my insurance card so he wrote a ticket (which he didn't explain why I was being pulled over). He came back and said that the citation was for failure to yield and not having proof of insurance. He then stated that all I have to do is appear in court with proof of insurance and it would be dropped. So I took a day off work, drove 240 miles to the court house only to have the judge tell me that insurance doesn't dismiss the failure to yield and if I plead guilty, Kentucky will suspend my license. Drove 240 miles back home and trying to figure out what to do next before I drive another 240 miles back down there for my pre-trial. Anu advice would be greatly appreciated.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">