• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how long does a succession take???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kevinL43

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? LouisianaWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? louisiana....my father died a month and a half ago, he had no will, he had a gf but obviously they werent married. My sister and i hired an attorney the day after the funeral**************so the lawyer has contacted banks that my dad did business with, and no will...no mysterious safety deposit boxes**************what i want to know is WHEN WILL ALL OF THIS BE DONE....how long does all this succession stuff go on....when can we take possession of land, the house, vehicles...yes theres money as well but im not trying to be greedy i just want to know when it will be finalized???/What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

curb1

What did your attorney say when you asked these questions? You have asked, right?

Last edited:

latigo

Well, one certainly shouldn’t allow mourning the recent loss of a loved one to interfere with scurrying to get one’s hands on the spoils.

Personally I hope the girlfriend comes up with an eleventh-hour will and takes it all!

curb1

latigo,

The question was legitimate, "when can we take possession of land, the house, vehicles?". Land, houses and vehicles should be secured/possessed as soon as possible by the appropriate people (especially in Louisiana).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">