• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

neuma1bm2

Jeremy Newman in Arlington, VA

Two people came to my house looking fr me while I was away. They were asking my roommate questions about where I am, when he last talked to me, when I'd be home, and all sorts of things like that. He said that they had walkie talkies and that they wouldn't reveal any information about why they were here...except that it was "official business".

Could anyone please give me their thoughts on this? They can't take me to jail right? Who could these people of been? I don't feel like I've even done anything that would warrant this.

I'm pretty nervous about this and any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Jeremy

BOR

It seems apparent it was police officers.

No idea what they can be fishing for at all??

CdwJava

Only you know whether or not you have been involved in any criminal activity. So, if you have been, perhaps it is time to speak to an attorney. If not, maybe you should consider calling them back and asking what they want. You can still decide not to talk to them. You can always refuse to talk to them or answer a particular question, but do not lie to them - that could be a problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">