• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mr Bill L

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bill L

Bill L

I'm not married and my fiance and I have a joint mortgage on a house. We have a joint checking and savings account. We have purchased things together during our 3 yr marriage, for outside and inside the home. eg: siding , windows and furniture...etc. She has left as of 3 days ago and moved in with someone else. She keeps sneaking in during the day while I'm at work and is taking things out of the house. eg: dresser, wall mirrors and paintings. I still live there. Can I change the locks on the house ?

Last edited:

Bill L

Bill L

I'm not married and my fiance and I have a joint mortgage on a house. We have a joint checking and savings account. We have purchased things together during our 3 yr union, for outside and inside the home. eg: siding , windows and furniture...etc. She has left as of 3 days ago and moved in with someone else. She keeps sneaking in during the day while I'm at work and is taking things out of the house. eg: dresser, wall mirrors and paintings. I still live there. Can I change the locks on the house ?

Last edited:

Bill L

Bill L

TY Courtclerk....No,Never married to her ...mistyped and corrected...sorry
Can I change the locks on the house ?

Last edited:

Bill L

Bill L

One says I can't lock her out , another says after she removes her stuff. I'm letting her keep her car ,we should be even for the things inside the house. I just don't want to come home and it's cleaned out ???? How do we determine hers and mine.....a joint sitting with an attorney ??

Banned_Princess

Really?? On what basis? It's still her house. Her name is on the mortgage and presumably the deed. Please explain, then provide cites for your answer.
he did not say she was on the deed. he also said he wasnt married, and during the marrage the property was then bought. . . so presuming nothing using only the consistant details she moved out, and he wants to change the locks.

If he wants to be more clear, a clearer answer can be determined.

if she is on the deed, all he needs to do additionaly is buy her out of her half, maybe he can refinance take her off and buy her out in the same transaction.

whatever.

Banned_Princess

One says I can't lock her out , another says after she removes her stuff. I'm letting her keep her car ,we should be even for the things inside the house. I just don't want to come home and it's cleaned out ???? How do we determine hers and mine.....a joint sitting with an attorney ??
Well sir, how about you tell them (us) if she is in fact a co owner by having her name on the deed .

Why dont you take this time to write a list of hers mine and ours and sit down and decide what to do with the "ours"

you must be hurt and mad, but you should be reasonable and fair. If she is not being reasonable and fair, and takes everything you can sue her in small claims, as long as you are under the monitary limit for small claims.

Bill L

Bill L

Short term....Is there no way to stop her from cleaning out the whole house until we see an attorney ?? Yes she is on the deed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">