• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticket section 1180A NY ticket MA license holder

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kmuprakash1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA
I met with an accident on wet/rainy highway while driving with my whole family in the car on I88 near Duanesberg, NY. Miraculously escaped death/injuries though my minivan crashed. Car skid and spun apparently because of hydroplaning before hitting the metal rail to the right. I was not speeding but was unaware of the evil hydroplaning. Supposedly I had drive slowly in those conditions, I was driving 65mph. So I have decided to accept the ticket. My tires were in good shape, so which means the road was not safe enough for the posted speed limit of 65mph.

I have the two following questions

1) What will be the fine - $$?
2) Will if affect my MA driving record?

Request all of you to read the instructional video

Drive safely!

FlyingRon

When the road is not clean and dry it is quite possible that the posted limit is WAY too fast even if your car is in showroom condition.

For the fine, call the Town Court and ask but I suspect it to be several hundred dollars.

NY will report the ticket to Massachusetts and yes they will the RMV will assess points (and it will count against you insurance-wise).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">