• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Injured Passenger

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Heatherette

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I was a passenger in a car accident where a SUV slammed into my side & they had to cut me out & take me to the hospital. I have a head injury & need sugury on my shoulder. I found out through my attorney that my driver was at fault with NO INSURANCE! I am being told that there is nothing I can do really. I didn't have any personal insurance at the time myself but I wasn't driving I was a passenger! Now I have thousands and thousands of dollars in bills that I have to pay for? When it wasn't my fault! Can anyone help me? If I take the driver to court I doubt I'd get anything from him... if he can't even pay his insurance bill then he probably can't even pay me! Does anyone know if there is anything I can do??? :confused:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I was a passenger in a car accident where a SUV slammed into my side & they had to cut me out & take me to the hospital. I have a head injury & need sugury on my shoulder. I found out through my attorney that my driver was at fault with NO INSURANCE! I am being told that there is nothing I can do really. I didn't have any personal insurance at the time myself but I wasn't driving I was a passenger! Now I have thousands and thousands of dollars in bills that I have to pay for? When it wasn't my fault! Can anyone help me? If I take the driver to court I doubt I'd get anything from him... if he can't even pay his insurance bill then he probably can't even pay me! Does anyone know if there is anything I can do??? :confused:
Sue your driver. Beyond that, you're probably sool

ecmst12

If the driver of your vehicle was 100% at fault and has no insurance and no assets, there isn't much you can do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">