• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kris10babe26

I'm not sure if I am doing this correctly but here's my question. My brother is on probation in Tallahassee Florida, almost a month ago he stole a car. The car was recovered broken down in Monroe Louisiana, the owner made the report but to his knowledge didn't press charges. I want to know if he is going to be charged with theft even if the owner of the car doesn't file charges. Like I said he was on probation when this happened, & has not been to see his probation officer since he did this, so she has violated him. I guess in a nut shell my first question is will he be charged with theft even if the owner doesn't press charges. Second, I know he has been violated but I can't find a single warrant issued for him, so how would I go about find out for sure?

Last edited:

FlyingRon

If the owner notified the police of the theft there's no further "pressing" of charges necessary. What makes you think there needs to be a warrant?

What's it to you?

Kris10babe26

I have never been in trouble so I don't know much about procedures. I was hoping the report was all that was necessary because he needs be back in jail... What is it to me you ask?? This is my brother, I care and am trying to convince him to turn himself in. Thank you for replying to my obviously idiotic question!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">