• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not getting my share

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LindyLou62

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan, I need some help with my Divorce. My soon to be X doesn't want me to get a percentage of his pension, he said I don't deserve it because we were only married 2 yrs. Am I entitled ? to a percentage. Now he said he is going to take the plates and ins. off the pick up truck he gave me that he said he would sign over to me as soon as the Divorce was final it's already in the papers that were filed with the Court and his attorney. Also I paid for a large storage shed all but $160.00 of it and now he tells me I can't take it because he paid the last of the shed off can he do that the credit card was in his name but I paid the payments. he told me if I'm entitled to half of everything he has than he's entitled to half of everything I have I'm on medical disability Soc. Sec. and only receive $629.00 a month and that's a whole lot less than he receives a month he has a pension plus Soc. Sec. I can't afford to hire an attorney. I wish i could because I don't want to go to court alone.

LindyLou62

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan, I need some help with my Divorce. My soon to be X doesn't want me to get a percentage of his pension, he said I don't deserve it because we were only married 2 yrs. Am I entitled ? to a percentage. Now he said he is going to take the plates and ins. off the pick up truck he gave me that he said he would sign over to me as soon as the Divorce was final it's already in the papers that were filed with the Court and his attorney. Also I paid for a large storage shed all but $160.00 of it and now he tells me I can't take it because he paid the last of the shed off can he do that the credit card was in his name but I paid the payments. he told me if I'm entitled to half of everything he has than he's entitled to half of everything I have I'm on medical disability Soc. Sec. and only receive $629.00 a month and that's a whole lot less than he receives a month he has a pension plus Soc. Sec. I can't afford to hire an attorney. I wish i could because I don't want to go to court alone.
:confused::confused:

nextwife

The pension to which you refer, he's receiving it NOW? Was it accrued (earned) DURING the marriage or before? If before, he is correct. You have no claim on whatever he "brought to the marriage" that was not co-mingled.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">