• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contact during restraining order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hologram

Florida.

My friend was arrested for domestic violence and had a restraining order against him from his ex, when he got out she contacted him and said she would not say they were talking. Well she had told him everything that would happen when he went to court and what he was going to be offered, well after court he is in pre trial diversion, and the ex is upset at him over something and she is asking him if he can get in trouble if she contacts someone and tells them that they had contact during his restraining order. I told him i dont belive she can get him in troulbe because she violated contacting him when she wasnt supposed to and he already went to court and is in ptd now and that the only reason why she would do or try to get him in trouble is because she is upset at him now. Any info or help would be great so i can let him know.

Thanks!

brekehan

I am no lawyer. I am someone going through this same crap.

I would say your friend is very foolish for communicating with her at all. I was informed by the judge when the restraining order was put into place that even if she begged me to talk, come over, or otherwise, and said it was OK, that I would promptly be arrested for it. It is not up to her.The state puts the restraining order on you and the state enforceses it. If she bakes you cookies, the state doesn't care.

As far as getting trouble in it, I do not know. I would say it is quite possible. Just because he got pretrial diversion, doesn't mean it is over. It is over when the set time has elapsed and your friend gets the dern thing expunged.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">