• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce not final but being relocated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lmd115

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I am currently in a 90 day waiting period after filing my divorce in PA, however I am being relocated for my job to another country.The relocation is supposed to occur prior to the divorce being finalized, will this cause any issues?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I am currently in a 90 day waiting period after filing my divorce in PA, however I am being relocated for my job to another country.The relocation is supposed to occur prior to the divorce being finalized, will this cause any issues?
If there are no children involved in the divorce and you have an attorney to handle your legal issues for you in your absence, probably not.

However, if there are children involved or you are trying to handle things without an attorney, you could have all kinds of issues.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">